What To Expect
Upon your arrival, please notify our receptionist. You will be greeted by our treatment coordinator who will begin acquainting you with our office.
After the treatment coordinator has acquainted you with our office, she will take digital images, if needed, for Dr. German to use during a thorough clinical orthodontic examination.
The purpose of the initial examination is to answer:
- What sort of problem is present, if any?
- When is the proper time to begin treatment?
- What type of treatment is indicated?
- How long will treatment take?
- How much will the treatment cost?
If orthodontic treatment is indicated at this time, an appointment for additional Diagnostic Records is scheduled. If time allows, these diagnostic records can be taken at the initial visit.
What is the cost of the treatment?
The cost of treatment depends upon the severity of the patient’s problem. The treatment coordinator will discuss fees and payment options, during the initial exam, if treatment is required. We have different payment plans to suit your budget and accept assignment from most insurance plans. We work hard to make orthodontics affordable.
What does my investment include?
Your investment includes:
- Orthodontic records, which consists of a Digital 3D x-rays if indicated, photos, and solution to your concerns and orthodontic problems.
- Active treatment fee includes Phase I appliances or Phase II (comprehensive appliances or braces); Each Phase, if required, is a separate investment.
- This fee includes all appliances, office visits, and procedures performed, in the office. Appliances are durable and should last through the entire treatment period if instructions are followed by the patient. If appliances need to be replaced due to loss, breakage, misuse or failure to eliminate foods that cause damage, we reserve the right to charge an additional replacement fee.
- One set of final retainers for our comprehensive (Phase II) patients will be provided upon completion of treatment. There is a replacement fee for each additional retainer that is lost or broken.
What doesn’t my investment include?
- Work performed at other dental offices outside our orthodontic practice.
- If an accident or injury occurs during treatment which results in TMJ (Temporo-Mandibular-Joint) complications, additional orthodontics, orthognathic surgery, etc., a fee adjustment may be required to complete treatment.
Assignment of Benefits
Our practice accepts assignment of benefits for most insurance plans. By doing this, the family’s out-of-pocket expense is substantially lower. If we do not accept assignment of benefits from your plan, we will be happy to file claims so that the insured can be reimbursed directly. Should there be any change in your policy prior to full payment of the insurance benefit, please contact our office immediately so adjustments may be made to your contract.
Our office is open Monday-Friday. The administrative offices are open Monday-Thursday 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. and Friday 8 a.m. – 4 p.m. Patient hours vary to best accomodate patients. Some days we open as early as 5:50 am and other days we are open as late as 7 pm. Please call our office for detailed times. Your time is precious, it is our goal to see you on time for your appointments. Time is scheduled to complete the necessary procedure, give information about the treatment and answer any questions you may have. In order for us to maintain a schedule that runs in a timely manner, we request that patients arrive at or before their scheduled time to avoid delays. Your cooperation and consideration with appointments is greatly appreciated by our office and the patients that are seen after your appointment.